Your on-board Wi-Fi service is actually not linked directly to your Uconnect space. Jeep has partnered with Ubigi to provide you with an on-board Wi-Fi service that you can use seamlessly across 35 countries in Europe.
Ubigi is a brand dedicated to global data connectivity. The embedded eSIM on your car is equipped with a Ubigi profile, and it connects automatically to the cellular network through the antenna of your vehicle wherever you are. The modem on your car transforms this cellular connection into a Wi-Fi signal, and you just need to connect to it with a device (smartphone, tablet, laptop) to enjoy the on-board connectivity during all your travels.
To turn on your on-board Wi-Fi service with Ubigi, you just need to :
1/ Turn on the Wi-Fi Hotspot on your car:
– on the infotainment screen, go to “Wi-Fi Hotspot”
– tick the box in front of “Enable Wi-Fi hotspot”
The Wi-Fi signal in your car in now enabled
2/ Connect your smartphone/tablet/laptop to this Wi-Fi signal:
To do that, please follow the steps on the section below:
How do I connect my smartphone/tablet to the Wi-Fi signal in my Jeep Compass/Grand Cherokee?
3/ Create your Ubigi account:
– while connected with your device to the on-board Wi-Fi signal, open a browser and go to ubigi.me
– create your account by filling in the fields in the displayed page
4/ Recharge your Ubigi account to get access to the Internet:
– Once connected to your Ubigi account, you can recharge it with the data plan of your choice
You can now enjoy the Wi-Fi service inside of your vehicle